Non Resident Landlords

If you rent out a property in the UK and live abroad for six months or more per year, you need to pay tax on your rental income. HMRC classes such individuals as non-resident landlords, even if they’re a UK resident for tax purposes.

Non-resident landlords can receive rent either in full, and pay tax via self-assessment, or with tax already deducted by a letting agent or tenant.

Non-resident landlords are required to declare rental income by self-assessment tax return, unless HMRC tells you not to. HMRC’s online self-assessment services are not available to non-resident landlords: tax returns must be sent by post or using commercial software. Rock Tax & Accounting can assist landlords with their tax returns and complying with HMRC’s regulations.

To find out more, please contact our team.

We’re here to help

Get in touch with us today to arrange a free consultation with a member of our friendly team.

Tel: 020 8445 1228 | Email:

Accessibility | Disclaimer | Privacy | Help | Search | Site map |

Our Office: Rock Tax & Accounting, 69 High Street, Southgate, London N14 6LD
Tel: 020 8445 1228 - Email:

Rock Tax & Accounting is a trading name of Rock Tax & Accounting Ltd, a private limited company, registered in England and Wales under company number 09976058. A list of principals is available on request from our registered office. We are a member firm of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales under firm number C005253500

© 2024 Rock Tax & Accounting. All rights reserved. | We use cookies on this website, you can find more information about cookies here.